An Integrated Time & Attendance Management solution for the Retail Industry in Romania | Case Study
In this Case Study, our partners Advance S.R.L analyze the requirements for an integrated Time & Attendance-related project for Carrefour Romania in the retail industry, currently managing 17.000 employees.
An Integrated Time & Attendance Management solution for the Retail Industry in Romania
The initial project specifications included implementing a comprehensive T&A system in which:
- Employees can record when they clock in and out, track breaks, and other attendance events on a device. The attendance devices must be accessible to the customer's (Carrefour) local network from any point and at any time. Therefore, the device must include multiple wired and wireless communication methods.
- Resources are used in the employee database in the customer's system and infrastructure.
- The system generates employee attendance reports for subsequent use by the client's Human Resources department.
The project’s key objective is to grant both effective Time & Attendance management and a seamless user experience integrating ZKTeco platforms. To this end, two main elements were used to develop the solution: ZKBio Time (software) and ZPad Plus (hardware).
ZKBio Time allows the creation of Middle tables to manage the data created within the MS SQL server (Carrefour) and convert them into a set of values that can be processed and displayed correctly.
Based on the employee's unique key name or USER_ID data, ZKBio Time creates the employee’s anagraphic sheet and updates the existing sheet details using a mapping table such as the one provided below:
The solution works as follows:
- It implements a Server connection between BIOTIME POSTGRESQL and MSSQL, performing a data GET whenever deemed necessary by the system administrator.
- Creates/Updates employees within the T&A system (software and devices), although its inception uses a different protocol.
- Configuration and automation of recurring tasks: ZKBio Time POSTGRE database consults customer’s MS SQL database scheduled tasks.
- Data is formatted and adapted to ZKBio Time’s database with employee privilege integration.
- The device provides attendance events and punches.
Benefits of the solution
Replacing the time management system with ZKTeco solutions has greatly reduced operational costs for Carrefour, providing:
Key aspects taken into account and the main functionalities implemented in the solution.
As for the hardware, ZKTeco’s ZPad Plus is the Time&Attendance device of choice thanks to its interface communication features, flexible power supply, push protocol for real-time software data exchange, infinite customization options (thanks to its Android core) and aesthetic looks. In addition, its dual antenna makes it the ideal device to punch in and out with the currently distributed cards, allowing future optional use of QR codes or fingerprint recognition.
- ZPad Plus can display a personalized interface or company logo on the screen.
- It allows the selection of attendance events via its touch screen (Check IN, Check OUT, and Breaks).
- Wireless communication via WiFi and 4G.
- Registration using different verification systems: fingerprint, card or QR.
ZKTeco's ZKBio Time software is the ideal solution for the project requirements; thanks to its native on-premise architecture as well as the possibility to build Middle Tables for data integration.
- Installation and maintenance within the customer's infrastructure (allowing an on-premise architecture).
- Automatic update of employee database every 24 hours, proactively obtained from the company-owned server (located on a different network).
- T&A reports generation that reflects the reports currently used by the customer's HR department.
You might also be interested in the following news: